- Protective Coating
Two component, air drying epoxy zinc rich primer
Designed as a system primer in various paint systems. Excellent corrosion resistance properties, Very good abrasion resistance.
Recommended DFT / coat
40 – 75 mµ(app)
Theoretical covering capacity
11.25 m2/l @ 40 mµ DFT
Curing time at 30°C
Surface dry : 30 minutes
Hard dry : 16 hours
Full cure : 7 days
Shelf life (cool & dry place)
Base : <28°C
Over Coating Procedure:
Zinc rich coatings are porous and hence pinholes may occur in the subsequent coat due to solvent popping. To minimize pinholes, apply a mist coat as the first pass of the subsequent coat, let the entrapped air escape and then apply full coat. Zinc rich primers, when exposed for extended periods of time without proper top coating, will start showing white rust formation. These “white rust” spots are zinc corrosion products. The extent of white rust formation will depend on the period of exposure of the zinc rich coating and the nature of the surrounding environment. Prior to application of the subsequent coats, it is necessary to ensure removal of the white rust.
Directions for use
Surface coating and Substrate condition
- Steel, blast cleaned to Sa 3 / 2½ of Swedish specification.
- Surface temperature must be at least 3°C above dew point but not above 50°C
Stir the base and hardener separately to get an uniform mix, then add hardener slowly to the base slowly with constant stirring for quick homogenous mixing.
- Mixing ratio : Base : Hardener :: 3 :1(v/v)
- Induction time : 30 minutes
- Pot life at 30°C : 8 hours
Recommended thinner : Vib Thinner No. 8
- Volume of thinner : 0 - 10 %
- Recommended thinner : Vib Thinner No. 7.
- Volume of thinner : 5 - 20 %
- Nozzle orifice : 1.5 - 3.0 mm
- Nozzle pressure : 0.3 - 0.4 MPas
- Recommended thinner : Vib Thinner No. 8
- Volume of thinner : 0 - 15 %
- Nozzle orifice : 0.41 - 0.48 mm
- Nozzle pressure : 20 - 24 MPas
- Cheque, Telegraphic Transfer (T/T), Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA)
- 10000 Per Month
- 1 Week
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- All India
- ISO 9001:2008
66, Paik Para First Row Kolkata West Bengal India +918037400744